Cheri and I are excited about the upcoming release of our book.
Talking About God captures the journey we’ve been on with 6 of our friends who were searching for God, as they’ve asked us some of life’s toughest questions, and looked for someone to come alongside them who they could trust, and who would show them dignity in the process. With each person, we felt honored to be invited into their sacred journey through life.
We wrote Talking About God because we know it’s very difficult to know how to engage in spiritual conversations in our day and age – at least in ways that are helpful and beneficial. Our culture has become increasingly post-Christian, even anti-Christian. As a result, when spiritual conversations arise, we often meet resistance, rejection, or we get disrespected altogether. But for for those of us who have a heart to share our faith, the resistance must not stop our pursuits, though we ought to be wise and gracious in how we go about these conversations. That’s what this book can help people do. Our hope is for people to rethink how they go about talking about their faith, and their God. We hope they will learn to show dignity to people, be honest while at the same time remain humble.
And now as we anticipate the launch of our new book, we are putting together our Launch Team - the group of influencers who will help SPread the message of this book far and wide!
Who can apply for the Launch Team?
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you get excited when you think about reading Talking About God?
- Are you active on social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and/or Snapchat, etc.)
- Do you have a profile with Goodreads? If not, are you open to starting one?
- Do you have an active blog or other place of influence where you get to use your voice to make a positive difference? (i.e. newsletter editor, website manager, small group facilitator, on church staff, book club host, ministry leader, etc.)
If you answered YES to any of these, you are someone we’re looking for.
Launch Team Benefits (What I will give you):
- A free Advanced Reader Copy of Talking About God: Honest Conversations About Spirituality
- Access to our private Facebook group with videos, chats, memes, photos, and quotes to share with your circle of influence on social media
- Gifts and other surprises from my list of things Cheri and Steve like most
- A special thank you guest post to share on your blog
- A special invitation to the Virtual and/or Live Launch Party in January
- My unrelenting love and gratitude (just kidding, but only kind of kidding)
Launch Team Requirements (What I need from you):
- Read the book
- Post a book review on Good reads, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, your blog, and a couple other key spots
- Share photos and memes on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest
- Share ideas and brainstorm additional ways we can share Talking About God with an even bigger audience
If you’re an influencer, and you're interested in applying, please move fast – spots are filling up quickly!
To join the Launch Team, fill out & submit the application by November 8th.
We will notify all selected team members by November 13th.
Thanks for your enthusiasm and willingness to get involved in sharing the message of Talking About God.
Steve and Cheri